Swim Meet 101
Swim Meet 101
Swim meets are exiting, fun, and yet can be chaotic at times! Below are some basic guidelines for those that are new to the team
* There are a total of 6 swim meets per season, 3 at home and 3 away. Directions will be provided before the meet for those days we are not swimming at HSRC.
* Swimmers typically need to arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the meet start for warm up (usually around 5pm).
* If you are scheduled to work a volunteer shift please check in as soon as you get to the pool with Laurie Boltin (Volunteer coordinator). Meets begin promptly at 6 pm - please be on time for your shift! Volunteers work either first or second shift and each shift typically runs 90+ minutes, depending on the number of swimmers.
*For the first few meets the water is usually cold, please bring extra towels and change of clothes for the kids.
*We recommend bringing your own chairs, snacks, and some games to keep kids busy during the times they will not be swimming.
* All swimmers must stay inside the pool fencing for safety unless there is a storm and everyone is instructed to leave the pool area. Once we have a weather warning, the meet will be stopped and there will be a 30 minute delay.
*Do not leave the meet without checking with coaches, as your child might be participating at a relay event later in the evening.
* Meets usually run until 10 pm or later, please schedule accordingly.
Welcome to the home of the HSRC Hurricanes' swim team. We're glad you are checking us out. HSRC is the oldest and last remaining original member of the Gwinnett Swim League. We are also considered one of the best swim meet hosts in the league. We have lots to be proud of and glad you are, or are considering being, a part of the team.
- To be eligible, Swimmers must be between the ages of 4 and 18 on June 1.
- If a swimmer did not participate in the Gwinnett Swim League last year, a proof of age document must be provided for eligibility. A copy is sufficient, however, an original must be seen by a team administrator. A birth certificate or passport are typically provided.